AARP Tax-Aide volunteers will provide free tax assistance at the Library from February 2 to April 18, 2017. Appointments are required.
To make an appointment, call 865-407-3112 or 865-201-2719, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Don’t call the library because library staff cannot make or reschedule appointments.)
Tax preparers will be at the Blount County Public Library, in Dorothy Herron Room B:
- Monday 1 – 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Copy of last years tax return
- Social Security Card or SSA Verification letter for everyone listed on your return
- Birth Dates for everyone on return
- Photo ID for all adults on return
- If Married and Filing Jointly, both spouses must be present to sign return
- All statements of Income for entire Household (W-2, 1099, interest & dividend statement, etc.)
- All statements of expenses for entire Household (education/tuition statements, Educator’s expenses, out-of-pocket medical expenses, mortgage statements, property tax statements, charitable contributions, childcare expense statements, etc.)
- For Direct Deposit of Refund: Bring a blank check for proof of Bank Account and Bank Routing Numbers
- If Victim of Identity Theft: IP PIN number provided by the IRS
- IF YOU RECEIVED HEALTH INSURANCE THROUGH THE MARKETPLACE IN 2016, BRING THE HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE STATEMENT, FORM 1095-A, 1095-B, and 1095-C
- Note that AARP Volunteers cannot prepare out-of-state tax returns.
More information from the AARP Foundation’s Tax-Aide web page.
Free and open to the public, this program is sponsored by the Blount County Public Library, located at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville. For further information about library programs or services, call the library at (865)982-0981 or visit the Web site at www.blounttn.org/197/Public-Library.