The first-ever College Fair at the library will be held Saturday, November 1, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Fair is free and open to anyone interested in furthering their education. It’s a great opportunity for adults to meet with college representatives and learn about funding a college education or transferring credits from other institutions.
Two workshops will each be conducted at 11 a.m. and 12 noon. The workshops will be “How Can I Afford College?” by representatives from EdSouth and TSAC and “Transfer Pathways” (how to transfer credits from another college) by PSCC Director of Admissions.
Nineteen colleges, Veterans Affairs and other affiliated organizations will have representatives present to talk with people on an individual basis. There will be opportunity to meet with representatives to discuss course offerings, major fields of study and financial aid.
Veterans are invited to meet with Blount County Veterans Affairs Officer, Nathan Weinbaum, and/or with UT Veterans Pre-College Upward Bound representatives, Tom DeHoog and Linda Broyles. They will share the special services and financing available to Veterans.
For folks without high school diplomas, Carol Ergenbright, with Blount County Adult Education, will be present to discuss those options.
College Fair Participants
- Pellissippi State Community College – Cindy Atchley
- Tusculum College – Jerry Sullivan
- Maryville College – Darren Dunlap
- Walters State Community College – Avery Swinson
- Johnson University – Lisa Tarwater
- Hiwassee College
- King University – Kristi Reynolds
- Roane State Community College – Priscilla Gitschlag
- Cleveland State Community College – Suzanne Bayne Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Patrick Wade
- Carson Newman College – Robin McKinney
- Blount County Veterans Affairs – Nathan Weinbaum
- UT Veterans Pre-College Upward Bound – Tom DeHoog & Linda Broyles
- Blount County Adult Education – Carol Ergenbright
- Blount County Public Library – Joan VanSickle Sloan
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville (exhibit materials only) – Sara Hopper
- Milligan College (exhibit materials only)
Planning Committee: K.C. Williams and Joan VanSickle Sloan, Blount County Public Library, Jerry Sullivan and Jamie Hamer, Tusculum College, Cindy Atchley, PSCC, Michelle Bailey and Darren Dunlap, Maryville College and Nathan Weinbaum, Blount County Veterans Affairs Office.
Free and open to the public, the program is sponsored by the Blount County Public Library, located at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville. For further information about library programs or services, call the library at 982-0981 or visit the Web site at www.blounttn.org/197/Public-Library.