Back by popular demand, the Edible Book Contest, sponsored by Blount County Friends of the Library!
Enter your creation in one of three age categories to win! Each “Edible Book” must be based on a book in the Blount County Public Library’s collection, and its ingredients must be 95% edible. (You will list the ingredients and name the book on the official entry form.)
Pick up an official Edible Book Contest Entry Form from any service desk. Entrants MUST have a valid Blount County Public Library card in good standing and complete the official entry form. Return the form to the Reference Desk or mail it.
- Register by Monday, June 20 at 7 p.m.
- Deliver entries at the library Entry Rotunda on Thursday, June 23, between 3:00 and 6:30 p.m.
- Entries will be displayed on Friday and Saturday, June 24 and 25.
- Winners will be announced at the Exercise Your Mind Fair on Saturday, June 25 at 3 p.m.
- Juvenile (ages 8-12)
- Teen/Young Adult (ages 13-19)
- Adult (ages 20+)
Prizes for the 2016 Contest
- First Prize: $50
- Second Prize: $25
- Third Prize: $10
A special prize of $50 will be awarded for Best Expression of the Theme Health and Wellness.
Imagination and durable materials are your only limits! Hedgie’s Surprise is an entry from the 2008 contest.