Buying a home is likely the largest investment most of us will make in our lifetime. So, how do we protect this large and important investment? How do we make sure we are protected in the event of an accident or a natural disaster? Homeowners Insurance not only protects your investment; it is often required by the lender of your mortgage. Do you understand the basic parts of homeowner’s insurance, what it covers, how to best use it when needed and how important it is to your lender?
The presenter will be Charlotte Chance, an Agency Owner of Farmers Insurance with twenty years experience in the financial and insurance industry.
Plan to attend this program on July 10, 2017, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Library’s Dorothy Herron Room A.
The Fiscal Fitness Series
This monthly series of five workshops began in April 2017 and continues through August, to help participants realize the power they have to make a difference in their family’s finances.
See the Library’s Fiscal Fitness brochure for details about this series and additional resources.
The second series, a repeat of the same five workshops, will be offered again beginning in September, continuing through February 2018.
These presentations are standalone sessions so that the public can enjoy one or as many topics as interest and time permit. Sessions will be on the second Monday of each month, at 6:30 p.m., in Dorothy Herron Room A at the Blount County Public Library.
Fiscal Fitness programs 2017-2018
- April 10 & September 11 – Understanding Your Credit and Underwriting by Sarah Hooks, Family Services Director at Habitat for Humanity.
- May 8 & October 9 – Personal Banking Options by Jody Dyer, Branch Manager & Loan Officer at Regions Bank.
- June 12 & November 13 – Identity Theft & Credit Fraud by Andrea Warnick, Regions Bank.
- July 10 & January 8 – Homeowner’s Insurance by Charlotte Chance, Agency Owner of Farmers Insurance.
- August 14 & February 12 – Selling Your Home by LeConte Realty, LLC