Identity theft, scams and fraud are serious issues. The Department of Justice reports there were 17.6 million victims of identity theft in 2014. How can you prevent identity theft and fraud? What protections do you have by law?
Andrea Warnick (Regions Bank) will present this class on the warning signs of identity theft and how it happens, and how to deal with fraud and identity theft if it happens to you.
Plan to attend this program on June 12, 2017, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Library’s Dorothy Herron Room A.
The Fiscal Fitness Series
This monthly series of five workshops began in April 2017 and continues through August, to help participants realize the power they have to make a difference in their family’s finances.
See the Library’s Fiscal Fitness brochure for details about this series and additional resources.
The second series, a repeat of the same five workshops, will be offered again beginning in September, continuing through February 2018.
These presentations are standalone sessions so that the public can enjoy one or as many topics as interest and time permit. Sessions will be on the second Monday of each month, at 6:30 p.m., in Dorothy Herron Room A at the Blount County Public Library.
Fiscal Fitness programs 2017-2018
- April 10 & September 11 – Understanding Your Credit and Underwriting by Sarah Hooks, Family Services Director at Habitat for Humanity.
- May 8 & October 9 – Personal Banking Options by Jody Dyer, Branch Manager & Loan Officer at Regions Bank.
- June 12 & November 13 – Identity Theft & Credit Fraud by Andrea Warnick, Regions Bank.
- July 10 & January 8 – Homeowner’s Insurance by Charlotte Chance, Agency Owner of Farmers Insurance.
- August 14 & February 12 – Selling Your Home by LeConte Realty, LLC.