Registration began July 16th for the Soft Skills training session on Improving Your Presentation Style – Speaking to be held Friday, September 28, 2018 at Blount County Public Library.
From the class description:
Whether you’re naturally shy or love hanging out with a crowd, learn how to effectively capture an audience and inspire action.
According to WebMD, fear of public speaking is very common, but can be lessened or overcome by learning some simple skills and practice.
- Classes meet in the Library’s Learning Lab (Building in Library parking lot)
- 7:30 a.m. networking; 8-10 a.m. session
- Bring a mobile device, tablet, or laptop
- Limited to 50 participants
- Coffee and Nibbles provided
- Class format features a short lecture on each topic, case studies discussion in small groups and resources for use in businesses and organizations
See Soft Skills Training for more information about all the workshops in this free series, which runs through December 21, 2018.
Free and open to the public, the program is sponsored by the Blount County Public Library, located at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville. For further information about library programs or services, call the library at 982-0981 or visit the Web site at www.blounttn.org/197.