Joani Shaver, Blount County Office on Aging Director, will discuss the following information about Medicare and the changes for 2017:
- Medicare: What’s new this year
- What Medicare Parts A and B cover
- Medicare costs
- Health and prescription drug plans and Fraud prevention
Shaver will also discuss:
- Medicare and Medicaid (TennCare)
- Medigap and Supplemental Plans
- Enrollment in Medicare prescription drug plans (Part D), and the accompanying Low Income Subsidy
- Finding help with the cost of prescription drugs during coverage gaps and access to drugs not covered under Part D
- Medicare Advantage options
- Claims and billing problem resolution
- Information and referral on public benefit programs
- Employer and retiree health insurance options for those with Medicare, and VA benefits and other military health insurance for those with Medicare
Shaver will remain after the presentation to answer individual questions. Participants are encouraged to visit www.medicare.gov prior to the presentation to review the latest information on Medicare and come to the presentation with their questions. The program’s goal is solely to help consumers make informed decisions.
The presentation, co-sponsored by the Blount County Public Library and the Office on Aging, will be held on Wednesday, October 26, 11 a.m., in the Sharon Lawson Meeting Room of the library.