Use your creativity to decorate a pumpkin and win a cash prize at the 2015 Blount County Public Library Pumpkin Decorating Contest!
Decorated pumpkins (entries) for the Pumpkin Decorating Contest at the Blount County Public Library are due on Monday, 26 October 2015, from 4 to 7 p.m. Prizes will be provided by Blount County Friends of the Library.
Cash prizes for each of three age groups—10 years and under, 11 to 16 years, and 17 years and up—will be awarded according to your votes:
- First Place $50
- Second Place $25
- Third Place $10
- Submit the decorated pumpkins along with an entry form from 4-7 p.m. on Monday, October 26, 2015.
- Pumpkins may NOT be carved, cut or hollowed out.
- Objects, paper and materials of any kind may be pinned or glued to pumpkins. Participants may also draw or paint on pumpkins.
- Entry can be no larger than 18 x 24 x 24 inches.
- Each entry must have a title and entry form filled out completely.
- No candles, electrical devices or vulgarity of any kind are permitted.
- Pumpkins MUST be picked up no later than Monday, November 2, 2015.
Some Inspiration from Last Year’s Contest
Get Your Entry Form
Download contest brochure with the simple entry form or pick one up at the Library at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville. (link removed, no longer available)
Good Luck to all Entrants!
Winners will be announced at 11 a.m. on Friday, October 31.
See decorated pumpkins displayed in the Library’s Main Gallery from October 26 through November 1.
Free and open to the public, the program is sponsored by the Blount County Public Library, located at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville, and the Blount County Friends of the Library. For further information about library programs or services, call the library at 982-0981 or visit the Web site at www.blounttn.org/197/Public-Library.