The process of selling a home can seem overwhelming or even scary, but it doesn’t have to be! This class will focus on the basic steps if you wish to sell your home. For instance, who are the team members if you choose to use professional realtors? How do you know what you owe on your mortgage? How do you set your sales price? What are your responsibilities if you have had issues in the home? Are there special rules you must follow that are part of your deed? How do you prepare your home for a potential buyer to see it? Get practical guidance and advice about how to sell your home.
Plan to attend this program on Monday, August 14, 2017, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Library’s Dorothy Herron Room A.
The Fiscal Fitness Series
This monthly series of five workshops began in April 2017 and continues through August, to help participants realize the power they have to make a difference in their family’s finances.
See the Library’s Fiscal Fitness brochure for details about this series and additional resources.
The second series, a repeat of the same five workshops, will be offered again beginning in September, continuing through February 2018.
These presentations are standalone sessions so that the public can enjoy one or as many topics as interest and time permit. Sessions will be on the second Monday of each month, at 6:30 p.m., in Dorothy Herron Room A at the Blount County Public Library.
Fiscal Fitness programs 2017-2018
- April 10 & September 11 – Understanding Your Credit and Underwriting by Sarah Hooks, Family Services Director at Habitat for Humanity.
- May 8 & October 9 – Personal Banking Options by Jody Dyer, Branch Manager & Loan Officer at Regions Bank.
- June 12 & November 13 – Identity Theft & Credit Fraud by Andrea Warnick, Regions Bank.
- July 10 & January 8 – Homeowner’s Insurance by Charlotte Chance, Agency Owner of Farmers Insurance.
- August 14 & February 12 – Selling Your Home by LeConte Realty, LLC