No snow needed for this contest! Creative entries, — of the non-melting variety — will be accepted for the Winter Wonderland Snowman Decorating Contest on Monday, January 23, from 4-7 p.m. at the Blount County Public Library. Cash prizes will be awarded.
- Snowmen can be made from materials of your choice, such as cotton, paper, wood, fabric, with the following exceptions: no liquid, perishable, or flammable items may be used, and no candles, electrical devices or vulgarity of any kind are permitted.
- Entries can be no larger than 14x18x24 inches.
- Each entry must have a title, and an entry form must be filled out completely.
- Entries must be submitted at the library on Monday, January 23 between 4-7 p.m.
Entry forms are available at the Blount County Public Library Reference Desk.
Snowmen will be displayed Monday, January 23, through Saturday, February 4. in the Library’s Main Gallery.
Winners and Prizes
- Winners will be announced on Monday, January 30, at 6 p.m. The public will vote for the winners.
- Cash prizes, three in each age category (10 years and under, 11 to 16 years, 17 years and up) will be awarded: $50 for first place; $25 for second place; $10 for third place. Contest prizes are offered by the Blount County Friends of the Library.
[Links have been removed here to no-longer-available library informational materials.]
Open to the public, this contest is sponsored by Blount County Friends of the Library and the Blount County Public Library, located at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville. For further information about library programs or services, call the library at 982-0981 or visit the Web site at www.blounttn.org/197.