Take your career to the next level with Soft Skills Training sessions, held monthly on a Friday, from January through May, and September through November 2021, via Zoom.
Training Schedule for 2021
- January 29, 2021 – Networking Strategically
Originally scheduled for December 11, 2020, a new session has been opened for Registration. Build a network that is beneficial and strategic. Learn how to avoid networking traps and break out of the mold in order to advance project and professional goals.
- March 26, 2021 – Mindfulness at Work: Reducing Stress and Regaining Balance
Employing mindfulness at work can help increase effectiveness, decrease mistakes, and even enhance creativity. Learn mindfulness tools that help you destress, tune in and get the job done.
- April 30, 2021 – Healthy Boundaries for Success at Work
“You teach people how to treat you by what you allow, what you stop and what you reinforce.” —Tony Gaskins
Boundaries help us increase productivity by protecting the quality of our work. Learn how to use boundaries to work smarter and create more effective and productive working relationships.
- May 21, 2021 – Improving Communication at Work
Effective communication is an essential component of professional success. Learn practical communication strategies that will help make you a better leader, improve productivity, and combat communication breakdowns.
- September 24, 2021 – Conflict De-escalation and Resolution
Gain insights into your conflict management style and the styles of your team. Discover your own emotional triggers, explore ways to deal with conflict, and leave with best practices you can apply in professional and personal settings.
- October 29, 2021 – Building a Trauma-Informed Workplace
How can you use the guiding principles of Trauma-Informed Care (TIC) to create a psychologically healthy workplace that prioritizes employee wellness? Learn practical approaches to creating an environment that champions care, safety, and respect.
- November 19, 2021 – Project Management
Gain strategies that will help you to complete projects on time, on budget, and on target.
Registration and Class Information
For class synopsis and the registration form, go to the Blount Partnership’s Soft Skills Training webpage. For more information call 865-983-2241. Registration for the next class begins following completion of the previous one.
- All classes are being conducted via Zoom Meeting. Download and sign up for Zoom. (It’s FREE!)
- Sessions are 8 to 10 a.m.
- Use a mobile device, tablet, desktop or laptop computer
- Limited to 50 participants
- Class format features a short lecture on each topic, case studies discussion in small groups and resources for use in businesses and organizations.
- Classes are conducted by Blount County Public Library staff
Open to the public, this program is hosted by the Blount County Public Library, located at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville. For further information about library programs or services, call 982-0981 or visit the library website.