Take your career to the next level with Soft Skills Training sessions, held monthly on a Friday, usually from March through May, and September through November. Fall 2020 sessions will be held from September through December via Zoom Meeting.
Training Schedule for September through December 2020
- September 25, 2020 – Conflict De-escalation and Resolution
Gain insights into your conflict management style and the styles of your team. Discover your own emotional triggers, explore ways to deal with conflict, and leave with best practices you can apply in professional and personal settings.
- October 30, 2020 – Building a Trauma-Informed Workplace
How can you use the guiding principles of Trauma-Informed Care (TIC) to create a psychologically healthy workplace that prioritizes employee wellness? Learn practical approaches to creating an environment that champions care, safety, and respect.
- November 20, 2020 – Project Management
Gain strategies that will help you to complete projects on time, on budget, and on target.
- December 11, 2020 – Networking Strategically
Build a network that is beneficial and strategic. Learn how to avoid networking traps and break out of the mold in order to advance project and professional goals.
Registration and Class Information
For class synopsis and the registration form, go to the Blount Partnership’s Soft Skills Training webpage. For more information call 865-983-2241. Registration for the next class begins following completion of the previous one.
- All classes are being conducted via Zoom Meeting. Download and sign up for Zoom. (It’s FREE!)
- Sessions are 8 to 10 a.m.
- Use a mobile device, tablet, desktop or laptop computer
- Limited to 50 participants
- Class format features a short lecture on each topic, case studies discussion in small groups and resources for use in businesses and organizations.
- Classes are conducted by Blount County Public Library staff
Free and open to the public, the program is sponsored by the Blount County Public Library, located at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville. For further information about library programs or services, call 982-0981 or visit the library website.