- March 27, 2020 – Improving Communication at Work
Effective communication is an essential component of professional success. Learn practical communication strategies that will help make you a better leader, improve productivity, and combat communication breakdowns. (Registration begins mid-February)
- April 24, 2020 – Networking Strategically
Build a network that is beneficial and strategic. Learn how to avoid networking traps and break out of the mold in order to advance project and professional goals.
- May 29, 2020 – Empowering and Motivating Employees
Empower employees and enable better performance. Learn strategies to help employees be the best they can be.
- September 25, 2020 – Conflict De-escalation and Resolution
Gain insights into your conflict management style and the styles of your team. Discover your own emotional triggers, explore ways to deal with conflict, and leave with best practices you can apply in professional and personal settings.
- October 30, 2020 – Building a Trauma-Informed Workplace
How can you use the guiding principles of Trauma-Informed Care (TIC) to create a psychologically healthy workplace that prioritizes employee wellness? Learn practical approaches to creating an environment that champions care, safety, and respect.
- November 20, 2020 – Project Management
Gain strategies that will help you to complete projects on time, on budget, and on target.
Registration and Class Information
For class synopsis and the registration form, go to the Blount Partnership’s Soft Skills Training webpage. For more information call 865-983-2241. Registration for the next class begins following completion of the previous one.
- All classes will take place at the Blount County Public Library, in the Learning Lab (Building in Library parking lot)
- Time: 7:30 a.m. networking; 8-10 a.m. training session
- Coffee and snacks provided
- Bring a mobile device, tablet or laptop
- Limited to 50 participants
- Class format features a short lecture on each topic, case studies discussion in small groups and resources for use in businesses and organizations.
Free and open to the public, the program is sponsored by the Blount County Public Library, located at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville. For further information about library programs or services, call 982-0981 or visit the library’s website.