Registration begins December 19th for the It’s Your Career: Soft Skills training session on Tips for Public Speaking to be held Friday, January 27, 2017 at Blount County Public Library.
From the class description:
Whether you’re naturally shy or love hanging out with a crowd, learn how to effectively capture an audience and inspire action.
According to WebMD, fear of public speaking is very common, but can be lessened or overcome by learning some simple skills and practice.
- 7:30 a.m. networking; 8-10 a.m. session
- Bring a mobile device, tablet, or laptop
- Limited to 50 participants
- Coffee and Nibbles provided
- Class format features a short lecture on each topic, case studies discussion in small groups and resources for use in businesses and organizations
See It’s Your Career: Soft Skills for more information about all the workshops in this free series, which runs through May 19, 2017.
Free and open to the public, the program is sponsored by the Blount County Public Library, located at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville. For further information about library programs or services, call the library at 982-0981 or visit the Web site at www.blounttn.org/197.