Public donations are the source of books which allow the Friends of the Library (FOL) to host quarterly book sales, maintain an eBay store and donate to the community. We receive discarded books from our public library, schools, churches and individual collections. Regardless of the source, it is essential that we protect the health and safety of our volunteers and patrons and maintain the quality of the books we sell.
We request our donors comply with the following guidelines:
- We accept books in good condition. Books that are water damaged, smell of tobacco, mold, or mildew will not be accepted. Nor books missing pages or covers.
- Books should be placed in the labeled donation bins at the rear of the library, or if the bins are full, with a staff member at the circulation check-in counter.
- Donations of fewer than 200 books (about 10 boxes) are the responsibility of the donor to deliver to the library. Contact us for collections of over 200 books. A volunteer will come to you to assess the condition and desirability of the books to be donated. If acceptable, a mutually convenient time will be established for pickup and delivery of the books to the library.
- Collections will not be picked up during holidays, when the library is closed or during inclement weather.
- If you have additional questions or if you want to contact us about picking up a large collection of books, please use our Contact form.